Date: 22-11-17  Time: 17:46 PM

Author Topic: OSH Park vs ?  (Read 602 times)

Offline Mike Partain

• Major Poster
  • Techo Wiz
    • Spiked3 (Mike Partain)
OSH Park vs ?
« on: 2015-03-12 09:03 AM »
I've just got my 3rd board made, 1 from elsewhere when I did not know any better, last 2 from osh.

The OSH boards are ok. The last board took noticeably longer than the one before, and was not of the same quality. Smears on the paint, large panel artifacts (no big deal but something you have to deal with).  Neither of the OSH boards were any where near the quality of the first, but the price reflects that so I am not surprised.

My biggest concern is appears to be getting worse, not better.  But since I will never in my life do circuit boards, I'm not too worried. </sarcasm>

I would like to find something a notch up though quality and predictability wise. I do not mind paying for it.

Offline Art Miller

• Major Contributor
    • KC7SDA
    • Ham Radio Test Generator
OSH Park
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-12 11:03 AM »
Budd Churchward (forget his call sign) gets his morse code kit boards from OSH park, I haven't heard him say anything about bad quality yet, I'm going to design and send off a design for a 5v power supply fairly soon (just need to get all the parts lined up and ready) and I was going to use them as they are by far the cheapest I've seen at just under $2 per square inch ($5/sqin for 3 boards)....

Offline Alan Krum

• Major Contributor
  • Outside the Box
    • Alan Krum
OSH Park vs ?
« Reply #2 on: 2015-03-12 01:03 PM »
reply to http://synergyhub.org/forum/pcb/pcb-prototyping/msg25/#msg25 (reply disabled?)
I've just got my 3rd board made, 1 from elsewhere when I did not know any better, last 2 from osh.
The OSH boards are ok.

Where did you get the First board made?  How much of a price difference was there between that company and OSH?
Getting interested in any Technology is the cornerstone of Life today.

Offline Mike Partain

• Major Poster
  • Techo Wiz
    • Spiked3 (Mike Partain)
Re: OSH Park vs ?
« Reply #3 on: 2015-03-12 05:03 PM »
I would have to dig to find it, I do not remember off hand.
But it was one of the 'suggested' vendors from eagle, and I want to say like $120 for 3 :)
yeah, they were very nice.

Offline Alan Krum

• Major Contributor
  • Outside the Box
    • Alan Krum
« Reply #4 on: 2015-03-14 11:03 AM »
I would have to dig to find it, I do not remember off hand.
But it was one of the 'suggested' vendors from eagle, and I want to say like $120 for 3 :)
yeah, they were very nice.

Thank you for showing it to me.. Yes, Very nice board.  I'd rather have a well produced, consistent board than ones that are cheap and unpredictable.. so paying more for quality is my mode too.
Getting interested in any Technology is the cornerstone of Life today.

Offline Mike Partain

• Major Poster
  • Techo Wiz
    • Spiked3 (Mike Partain)
« Reply #5 on: 2015-03-14 07:03 PM »
I do not want to imply osh does not do the job - for the price its a bargain.

just not the same quality as the higher priced boards, or even themselves a month ago.

It probably changes from week to week because they change vendors.