Date: 11-12-18  Time: 12:08 PM

Author Topic: Any Android or Iphone developers out there?  (Read 841 times)

Offline Robert Sears

• Major Contributor
    • KF7VOP
Any Android or Iphone developers out there?
« on: 2014-12-27 05:12 PM »
I run Bellingham Scanner Kicks * I am still looking for someone to write a simple but kick * app for BSKA. If there are any budding Android or iPhone developers out there. I can't offer you much beyond "your name in lights" as the author, something to add to your resume, and maybe some beer as I want it to be distributed as a free app.

The boards naughty word filter not only removes the a and the s's from my link, but it also removes the a and both s's from my domain name. >:(

So you will have to replace the * with the naughty word for butt. ::)

Offline Mike Partain

• Major Poster
  • Techo Wiz
    • Spiked3 (Mike Partain)
Re: Any Android or Iphone developers out there?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-12-29 01:12 PM »
Too funny on the domain name.

I've done some android stuff. I would love to look at the newer xamarin .net cross platform stuff, although it seems to carry a high price tag.

But I would also love to have more time at the moment (started a robotics company).  Is it a 10 minute or 10 day app? (I know, one usually turns into the other)

Offline Art Miller

• Major Contributor
    • KC7SDA
    • Ham Radio Test Generator
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-29 01:12 PM »
I wonder how apps like pandora and the twit.tv app stream their audio....

Offline Robert Sears

• Major Contributor
    • KF7VOP
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-29 05:12 PM »
Well I am using an Icecast mp3 audio stream if that's any help.

I am looking for a simple app that allows the user to chose from one or both of the two streams I provide. (police and fire) 

I would like it to connect directly to my server instead of getting the stream from Broadcastify like all the other apps do.

It does not have to be pretty and should really run in the background unobtrusive and require low resource as possible.

It would be nice if streams could be added fairly easily (hopefully easy enough that I could do it myself with a little direction) as I am planning to add another feed one of these days.

I guy I work with was interested and thought the basic stream playing would be fairly straight forward and there was probably already some pre-canned code out there to handle it he could use.

Offline Mike Partain

• Major Poster
  • Techo Wiz
    • Spiked3 (Mike Partain)
« Reply #4 on: 2014-12-29 08:12 PM »
Your buddy is probably correct, I bet there is something already out there that could play this easily.

Actually the 'App' sounds more like a web page. I know Android and Windows are able to use local web pages in a way that look / act like an App. I suspect iOS probably has something similar.

It is not an area I have experience in though. Good luck.